BEAT YOUR PR CHALLENGE (10km edition)
Time & Location
About the event
What is the 'BEAT YOUR PR-CHALLENGE'?
The team at BEAT created this virtual challenge to help people train, be motivated and be part of a community while supporting sustainability goals along the way. You sign up, select your charity and train to BEAT your personal best. This challenge will be held in the five weeks starting the 5th of April 2021. For this 10km challenge we have selected two sustainability charities; Rewilding Europe and Plastic Soup.
How does it work?
- Sign up;
- Fill in a short questionnaire including your 10km best (or record a time) and favorite susainability charity;
- Receive your personalized 5-week training plan;
- BEAT your PR after completing the training plan;
- We count your Green Points (5 for signing up, 5 for completion and 1 for every second you BEAT your PR by);
- 50% of net sales will be donated to the charity with the most Green Points.
What do you get?
- A goal to BEAT and a way to improve yourself;
- A personalized 5-week trainig program tailored to your preferences and abilities;
- A community of like minded runners with the same goal;
- A sportive way to support your favorite susainability charity.
Verification of 10km times, for both baseline and repeat attempts, will be done via Strava (please join the BEAT Strava group: https://www.strava.com/clubs/782837). Alternatively, you can send us a screenshot of the relevant app or a photograph of your watch.
- Runners that enter will receive the following:
- 5 Green Points for registering
- 5 Green Points for completing their final 10km time trial
- 1 Green Points for each second you better your 10k time trial time by. Runners that start the challenge without a PR will be awarded 5 extra Green Points for completing
The charities for this challenge are Rewilding Europe and Plastic Soup
- BEAT your 10 KM PR-Challenge€20€200€0