BEAT VIRTUAL RACE SERIES
Time & Location
About the event
The BEAT Virtual Team Challenge is a wonderful team running event for men and women. Team against team, every second counts. Teams of two can sign up. and must consist of at least 1 woman. It is not about the fastest individual but about the fastest team. This event is suitable for runners of any level and all teams have a chance to win prices. The race is virtual, but the competition is real.
How does it work
The BEAT Virtual Team Challenge is extremely simple. Every team consists of one guy and girl. So, challenge your valentine and run this team challenge together. The race consists of two stages.
- Qualifying round: every team member runs its fastest 5km before March 1st, 2021. You decide how many times you try, only your fastest 5km counts. Team times are added up and based on these results we divide teams into Clans of 4 to 5 teams each for the runoffs.
- Runoffs: based on the results in the qualifying round, teams are grouped in Clans of 4 to 5 teams each that showed comparable results in the qualifying round. Now it is business time, prizes are on the line. Now every team member runs a 7km before March 15, 2021. Times are added up again and the winning team from each Clan brings home the prize!
Simple right? So, challenge your partner, girlfriend, boyfriend, enemy, friend, lover, or valentine and sign up before the 14th of February 2021 and win those prizes!
- Record your best 5k run time. Times are verified by us via Strava (join the group here: https://www.strava.com/clubs/782837). If you do not use Strava, send us a screen shot of your tracking app and we will process the result. You can run as often as you like to improve your result, but only your fastest run counts. Please be fair and note: your normal race would not be a pure downhill race either. Make sure that the difference in elevation is balanced.
- Every runner is important: the team’s total time is what we count.
- Live rankings will be shown on our website so that you can keep track of the times your team needs to take the lead. The winning teams will be announced on March 16 2021.
- Be honest and honorable. Log a run time that was really run by you. False names and false times are not cool and unfair to fellow teams. We know you all value good sportsmanship, so stick to the rules to make this an enjoyable event for all.
- Adhere to the current social distancing rules. Act responsibly.